egeplast SLM® DCS Early Warning System
Early Warning System for the Protection of Drinking Water Transportation Pipelines
Climate change and the associated scarcity of resources call for all of us to rethink our handling of drinking water and to initiate a more responsible use of this precious resource. Hence, avoiding any loss of water in our networks is becoming more and more important. The egeplast SLM® DCS pipe system has been designed to monitor the intactness of drinking water transportation pipelines during operation and to detect any pipeline damages early on.
Monitoring for damages can be performed either permanently or intermittently.
If permanent monitoring is selected, a monitoring unit connected to the pipe will trigger an alarm if a damage occurs. The system has been designed to subsequently locate any damage with to-the-meter accuracy. If there is intermittent monitoring instead, it allows for monitoring at previously defined intervals o if any damage is suspected. Any pumping or control systems can be switched off automatically, thus making sure to prevent any loss of water.
The system allows for monitoring the intactness of the pipe system during operation and to reliably localize any potential damage. The precious medium carried by it, drinking water, is safeguarded throughout the entire service life of the pipeline. Any loss of water resulting from leakages is thus reliably avoided.
The damage-free installation of the pipe system can be reliably proven for the building inspection.
additional protective layer made from PEplus
standard dimension of the pressure pipe
electrically strips for damage detection and functional monitoring
- Reliable information on the condition of the pipeline
- Possibility to take action immediately (damage localisation and repair)
- Prevention of loss of water
- Avoidance of consequential damages
- Minimisation of operator’s risk
- Complements measuring devices and expands the scope of options for damage localisation
- Safety: Protection from damage during laying
- Quality control directly after installation by means of proof of damage-free installation. Any potential damage incurred during installation can be identified right away
At a glance
PE 100-RC / PEplus
SDR 17 – SDR 7.4
Supply and disposal companies | Industrial companies | Construction companies
OD 90 – 1200 mm
Butt welding | electrofusion
DIN EN 12201, PAS 1075 Type 3, DVGW GW 335-A2
Pressure up to PN 25 for water
Product structure | Installation techniques
- Reliable information about the condition of the pipeline
- Immediate response option (damage location and repair)
- Avoidance of water loss and consequential damage
- Minimisation oft he operator risk
- Discontinuous leakage monitoring
- Complements measuring equipment and expands the possibilities of damage localisation